Updated August 9, 2018
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you access our website, www.lbsbind.com, request a catalog, samples or a quote, sign up for our newsletter, use the contact form, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When contacting us, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or other information. You may, however, visit our site without providing such information.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, you may opt-out via an unsubscribe link provided in each of our marketing emails.
- If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal information gathered by the website or to correct or delete such information from our records, you can contact our data protection officer about these matters or with your concern, question or complaint. The data protection officer’s name and contact information are as follows: Chris Paxson, Library Binding Service Inc, 1801 Thompson Ave, Des Moines, IA 50316, Phone 800.247.8194
- Your personal data is stored by us on our servers, and the servers of cloud-based database management services that we may engage, located in the United States. We retain data for the duration of your relationship with us and for a period of time thereafter to use account information for future transactions, to analyze the data for our own operations, and for historical and archiving purposes associated with our business. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Library Binding Service, Inc. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may sell or buy other businesses or entities, and in such event, we may transfer or assign the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such transactions, your personal information may be included in the transferred business assets.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only